Just in case you’re not aware, our divisions are:
– alt.tickets (our ticketing platform)
– Rock City, Rescue Rooms, Stealth and The Bodega (our music venues in Nottingham)
– Splendour in Nottingham, Dot To Dot, Mirrors, Everywhere and Beat The Streets (our music festivals)
– Oslo Hackney, The Borderline, The Garage and Thousand Island (our music venues in London)
– Thekla (our music venue in Bristol)
– Women In Music (our event to address the gender imbalance in the music industry)
Below we have outlined the ways in which we collect your information:
- When you buy a ticket to any event at The Garage or Thousand Island
- If you sign up to one of our mailing lists via our website or on social media
- If you respond to a promotion or enter a competition
- If you visit The Garage website
- When you log in to the WiFi at The Garage
- If you contact us directly via email or on the telephone
- ID Scanners on entry to some Club Nights
|What info we collect
||Why we collect it
||How long we keep it
|Your Name (First & Last)
|We’re all friends here and it’s important to us that we address you like a friend so you can have a pleasant and personal experience with us, we can’t do that without your name.||We’ll keep this for up to 8 years after your last interaction with us. That interaction could be by booking a ticket, signing up to our mailing list or sending us an email.|
|Address||A key bit of info we need to send out any information for a gig to your home address.||We’ll keep this for no longer than 8 years from your last purchase date.
If you’ve given us your address for a competition, we’ll use this to send you your prize and then delete the info.
|IP Address & Device type.
|Email address||We use your email address to send all the important information for shows you have booked tickets for, for example, if there’s a cancellation or change in door time. If you have opted in to receive marketing emails from us then we’ll also use it to keep you up to date with everything going on at Oslo. You can opt out of these emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any email we send you or by emailing or writing to us with your details.||We’ll keep this for up to 8 years after your last interaction with us. That interaction could be by booking a ticket, signing up to our mailing list or sending us an email.|
|To send you reminders and promotional texts for future events, sometimes even free drinks and upgrades! Please note we have to pass your mobile number on to an external company who send out text messages on our behalf.||We keep this for up to 8 years since your last interaction.|
|Date of birth||This is to help us get a better understanding of our audience and to send you information about the gigs we think you’ll like.
By signing up to our mailing list or buying a ticket you’re confirming that you are over 13. If this is not the case, please email email@example.com to have your details removed. We also use your D.O.B to make sure we’re not sending you any promotions related to alcohol if you’re under 18.
|As your D.O.B stays the same we’ll hold this information for as long as you’re opted in to our mailing lists (we’ll check in with you regularly to see that you still want to be on our database).|
|Musical interests||The reason you’re here in the first place! This information is important so that we can keep you up to date on the events that matter most to you.||We realise people’s interests change regularly, we’ll keep this information on file for 8 years, but you can update your preferences at any time by getting in contact here with your name, email address and changes in preference.|
|ID Scanners||Sometimes at Oslo you’ll notice that we occasionally scan your ID. This is done to prevent crime and disorder and for the protection of children from harm. We sometimes also use this data to send you free tickets on your birthday and other big events like Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
|We store this data for no longer than 5 years years but if you would like us to remove you from the system we can at your request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.|
|CCTV Images and audio recordings
|To assist in keeping members of the public, visitors, employees and contractors safe whilst on our premises.
To help reduce crime and disorder on DHP Family premises
To improve crime detection and provide evidence in legal claims or prosecutions
|DHP Family has several different CCTV systems in it premises which all have a recording function which records over existing data when the storage is full. These systems are set up to record data for a minimum of 31 days in normal circumstances. Data on the CCTV systems will be deleted after 3 months if not already over written by the normal function of the CCTV system. Copies may be made of CCTV recordings and kept for 3 years when part of legal proceedings or where we have reasonable grounds to expect the will form part of legal proceedings.|
|We have a legal duty to record accidents and accident records form part of the information gathered by DHP Family.
We use accident anonymised data to monitor safety performance within DHP Family operations.
|We keep these records for 8 years.
We will remove personal information from records after 8 years. We will use anonymised data indefinitely or until it is no longer used in monitoring safety to the company.
We work hard to deliver great concerts, festivals and club nights, so from time to time we might also contact you for market research purposes to help us achieve this. We respect your privacy and will never share your information with third parties unless you give your consent.
You have lots of important rights in regard to your data, they’re important to us too. You can get to grips with them below.
- The right to be informed about how your data is used and collected – hopefully we’ve explained ourselves well enough here but if you have any further questions then please give us a shout.
- The right to request what personal information we have on file – you can request this by getting in touch with us here: email@example.com, please note it takes a little while to pull this together but we’ll be as quick as we can and will make sure we get it over to you no later than one month after requested.
- The right to make sure your information is correct and up to date – if you want to update any of your information, including your marketing preferences, you can email us and we’ll update this within a month.
- The right to ask us to move your data to another company in a safe and secure way.
If you decide that you are no longer interested in our news and updates you can opt out at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any of the emails you get from us, or by getting in touch with us directly via email or through the post. Our contact details are below or on the contact page of our website here. We’ll be as quick as we can but please note it can take up to a month from when we receive your message to get you unsubscribed.
If you’d like to part ways for good, it will be a shame to see you go but we respect your decision (don’t worry you’ll be welcome back any time). We can delete all the data we hold on you and sever all ties, just get in touch with us to let us know but don’t forget to include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
Please note that if you joined our mailing list by booking a ticket through alt.tickets, for any DHP Family promoted event or for one of our venues before 25th May 2018, we have a legitimate interest in continuing to send you marketing emails. We have conducted a legitimate interest assessment for this data. You’re able to opt out of these emails at any time by clicking the link on any of our emails or by contacting our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wallis Building, Plumptre Place
Nottingham, NG1 1LW
Email the Data Protection Officer: DPO@dhpfamily.com